Thursday, November 05, 2009

Part of the equation.


Salam, allo!

My exams are over! :DDD Alhamdulillah! A week late from the others, though but never mind it's all over! (let's not discuss the three-letter word shall we?) Well in this post I want to feature 3 of my easy-listening favourite music. My sister Yana introduced me to a song of Zee Avi's, after I introduced her to Zee Avi (Bitter Heart), that is Kantoi. It's Manglish and the lyrics are so simple and humorous and the song is a cheery sing-along. Masa pertama kali dengar lagu dia, memang bunyi cam mat saleh betoi tapi dia sebenarbenarbenarnya orang Melayu! Nama dia hok betul ialah Izyan Alirahman. Though this song is fun, I like Bitter Heart better :D



And I'm in love with Travis' songs even more! They're not like other music which is deafeningly loud. It's just easy listening :) Not that I don't like pop, it's just okay, but I prefer easy listening more :D My other favourites of them are Closer and Driftwood. While Alya liked Selfish Jean and one thing many probably didn't know is that they are often credited with having paved the way for bands such as Coldplay :D



Here's another one of my easy listening favourites. I love his music since last year and you probably know or don't know, he's the one who wrote the ever-popular Your Mother. Yang who next? Your mother. Who next? Your mother tu, tau enggak? Tau dok? :D But his most famous to the Western world is the The First Cut Is The Deepest. Look it up, you may probably heard it from your parents but the more famous covers of that song are of Rob Stewart and Sheryl Crow. But this song was before he converted to Islam. The story of his convert is amazing and inspirational. Here's the Wikipedia page of Yusuf Islam. And I love his soothing voice and the message he brings in his songs. I love A is for Allah, Father and Son with Ronan Keating, God is The Light with Raihan.