Thursday, October 08, 2009

The same in different ways.


Salam, heylo. After reading Amirah's post, I feel inspired to do one too. I haven't been posting up a post about my perspective on life for quite some time. If you've been following my blog since day one *cricket sounds* .. Ok, I know no one does, but if there are out there, you'd know that my blog's about my life, my interests and my perspective (my blog's first motto..) And lately, most are about the first two aspects, but no worries, I haven't isolated my favourite piece to write on! That is, my perspective on life.

Social aspects play an important part in our lives. And sure, we've many other things to worry about such as academics, our career, our current financial status and such, but no matter what we do, social things always be on top of our list. 'Cause I'm pretty sure most of you are more worried about your current rocky relationship with some of your friends than your current unsatisfying grades, right? (which I'm rapidly heading towards to for not studying for the finals right now) Try as we might or how much we deny it, it's true. And relationships not only conclude to that err, special someone, but to God, parents, friends, family, colleagues and such.

And I know that most of us aren't that quite of a social clout to begin with, and had many problems in even starting a conversation with someone (especially with those who you are not that close with) and yeah, to be frank, including me as well. Yeah, I'm a very shy person. But, the weird thing is, I can get along quite swimmingly but not that swimmingly with the ones I just met (but not that often though) and I can even smile at random people that I met in the street! (the mall actually) Well only to little children, adults are a wee bit paranoid. Yeah I'd be too if a complete and total stranger out of thin air suddenly flashed a smile at me. HAHA.


Prophet (peace be upon him), who said: "Allah said: Spend (on charity) O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you." (Hadith Qudsi 11)


Back to the story. But the ones that I do know but not so close with --- I'm HOPELESS. Some people consider socializing a breeze, but for me, a raging tornado might be the right term. HAHA, no laah I'm just kidding. I can't engage in a conversation well, I usually stammer, I often say ridiculous things and all (and insulting once, though I absent-mindedly did without realizing, but still..) Social aspects are important in a human's life and you, dear readers, are human so you'd understand right? RIGHT? See, now I'm saying ridiculous things. haha :P

Maybe I'm trying too hard to get on their good books that I end up stammering and not having a good conversation at all. With family and friends you feel comfortable to converse and have a good one too and you can be anyone 'cause they know who you really are inside. With people that I don't know much, they don't. They'd judge on the spot and set in their minds what kind of person you are.

But then again.. I don't feel about people that way. I don't judge people that I just met and don't know much and set in my mind what kind of person they are. 'Cause everyone is different and I know it's hard to socialize with someone you don't really know (because quite frankly, I'm not a champ on that one either) but I can't help but to have that intuition where they would get me and eat me alive! Err, scratch that. You know, judging me without knowing who I really am and thinking that I'm some kind of snobbish person or something like that. But don't get me wrong about my whole purpose of why I want to be friends with them in the first place. It is NEVER about climbing a ladder up my social status, to get fame and all those things. No, that's NOT me. I really just want to be friends, and sincerely.

Being in good terms with people (while maintaining peace and unity) is very much encouraged in Islam, heck in all religions, with all people, regardless of race and religion and that's what we should be focusing on.



I put a lot of thought about it, and I know that being too much of a paranoid leads me thinking this way. Being in good terms with people (while maintaining peace and unity) is very much encouraged in Islam, heck in all religions, with all people regardless or race and religion and that's what we should be focusing on. We may not have a sea of friends (or any other suitable metaphor that defines big or many) but having good and true ones is all we need, really.

But that doesn't mean that we should scurry away when a person said hello to us or anything :P Although we may not be a master in socializing, being in good terms with them is the most important thing, helping each other out and all and being friends is better. And worrying about what people might judge you is not a really silly thing though, but keep in mind that you know who you really are inside and stick to that.

But the main thing is that i just want to say that we all change for the good and worst.. We're not perfect. Some might accept us for what we are and what we do and,.. some might even not. So don't worry about others,... As long as we are happy... and as long as what we do is right...

- Amirah
Be yourself, and it's all that matters, you know who you really are inside and you don't have to prove yourself to some other person, as long as you're happy with what you're doing and that it is the right thing to do. True friends respect your beliefs and don't care where you came from, what you did and who you are. After all, we are all the same really, though in different ways.



1MALAYSIA