Sunday, April 18, 2010

A mixture of everything.

Salam allo :) I've been postponing a lot of blog posts lately. First, the very fact that opposes to what I wrote on the previous post. The fact that I didn't enter the 1500m race because it's for guys and the 800m race is for girls. But I didn't participate in the 800m race because of the fact that I've to run the short-distance races anyway because En. Vicky forgot to cancel my name. My situation is a wee bit like Farah Azia's too but we just go on with it anyway. The fact that I tripped when the baton was passed on to me. And the fact that Alya still haven't emailed me the pictures on Sports Day! eheh. Wokeh, done.

Oh yeah, and the post of where I've been to Kuala Gandah and Deerland with my family early this month. It was very fun :D I've got hold on a snake, and stood a mere meter to a bear! The next is my Tilawah competition (and also my sister, Arissa's 2nd birthday 'celebration' :D) Man, I didn't expect to get any chance at all. But of course, when they announced the top three, I never expected my name to be on the list, nor that it did. Because my real intention was to recite the Quran and not to win or anything of the sort. But then ustazah told me the next day that I got fourth! Which was VERRRY near to achieving the third place (and thus to represent the district)! Hmm, there's a slight oddness of repetition in this sentence but moving on. Whoaa, I mean, I expected the last place or something! Really, I did! Albeit it all, Alhamdulillah :)


I really began to think of my 'lucky number' four. If you think of it, it's an overlooked number. I mean, if I've possibly retrieved the top three, I might probably began to think a wee bit too full of myself and thus won't make an effort as much. In my opinionlah, but it doesn't apply to all people. But of course, I'm not the most experienced of all people in this area so how should I know how it feels? -.- Moving on. And if I've got the place of the few-favoured, I admit, for me, perhaps I'd be losing a tinge of hope but though I'd still be trying hard. But, number four, in my opinion, ignites a bit of hope into you or something. You know? But of course, it goes differently for all people :) Moving on. Thirdly, of Syafiqah's birthday party yesterday. It was fun and I hope you liked your present! :D

*

And now that's all done, I want to tell you about this enchanting book. A book called 'The Girl Who Could Fly' by Victoria Forester.


"It's the oddest/sweetest mix of Little House on the Prairie and X-Men. I was smiling the whole time (except for the part where I cried). I gave it to my mom, and I'm reading it to my kids - it's absolutely multigenerational. Prepare to have your heart warmed."

~ Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight saga


It really is one of the best novels I've read. It starts pretty slow at the beginning and begin to pace towards the end. In originality, I'm not so sure much about that because I haven't exactly read a thousand books to talk about originality to be honest, but it was very entertaining, warm, it's got some laugh-out-loud unexpected moments and all. Sure it got some flaws at some point, but my view of it was quickly retracted at the great ending.

For the covers, I loved the one in the left, where a woman holds on to a girl's legs (and her dear life) in mid-air which kind of exudes a bit of sci-fi and action while the other one with the blue cover looks like a drama novel. And that blue cover's mine, ironically. Actually, I was attracted to the book because of Stephenie Meyer's review on the cover. I had faith because of that and for the reason where Stephenie Meyer also reviewed The Hunger Games series (by Suzanne Collins) which are some of the best novels I've read. Though ironically, again, I didn't read the Twilight series nor did I enjoy excessively of the Twilight movies (only a bit).

I can't tell you much about the novel for the fear of giving its best points away. But it's a mixture of everything (which is what I wasn't expecting) and all. For my friends, yes, you can borrow this book but if you're not and just a random blog-hopper (haha :P), just go to MPH or somewhere and buy it! It's worth a read.