Saturday, August 01, 2009

"Everything depends on your heart."



Salam, allo. WOW. I haven't been updating for three weeks? whaa. Well this past week has been quite hectic with the English oral test (thanks to Amirah for preparing it while I was at camp :D) and trying to finish our Sejarah project and the school's effort to trying to impress a exchange student from Japan. Ha, just kidding. Well I hope the school's not doing the gotong-royong just for that. I hope. Ok.

Anyhoo, on Sunday last week on the 26th I was back from a camp. During this period, I haven't met my parents and family and friends for exactly 75 hours 3 minutes and 15 seconds.. Well the minutes and seconds I'm not sure but it does sound cool, right? Whatever. Moving on. And the camp's been a great experience, it teaches me a lot of things.


And more importantly, it teaches me that you will have something to learn everyday. No one is perfect, no one knows the contents of everything in this world except for Allah. You will always have something new to learn. I learned to never take things for granted. I also learned that everything depends on your heart. We may been brought up differently, we may grow in different surroundings, we may live with different types of people, but it all depends on your heart to bring about a change to yourself. You control yourself, and no one else. InsyaAllah, with Allah's will, we can all change. We're not being hypocrites, just trying to be better people. Well, I stole this statement from last night's episode of Nur Kasih. But never mind that, I learned the same thing. haha.

Putting that aside, I was really happy to meet with my loved ones :) But the camp was quite fun, too. There was jungle trekking, cooking in the woods, drinking the sweet cool water from the river, the water-confident activity in the wee lake, qiyammulail and all. And other heaps of things that teaches me lessons of life. Although I didn't know anyone there at first, we soon become friends although I've lost contact of them :( Well, it was a certainly a great experience but I don't know if I can withstand another trip away from my parents again.. hehe.