Thursday, April 28, 2011

Toronto Tronoh?



Tomb Raiders?


Baba: "Rapunzelina, rapunzelina, lay down your hijab!"
Me: "Na'ah I'm keeping it on as long as I live inshaallah!" LOL

ALOLOLOLOLLOOOO

Assalam.

Those are the pics from Kellie's Castle. Just Google it to find out what it's all about, eh? Ok? Alrightie then. Well, we departed for Perak on Sunday, the day before the UTP Educamp interview. To be honest, I never liked engineering. At all really. It's because I never liked Physics. Sure, I love learning about all the natural phenomena in the Physics syllabus and all that stuff, but when it comes to man-made structures, I was never really keen on ooh and aah-ing about them. No, I don't have a strict principle concerning that because I had a bad experience with them, but it's just inborn, I guess. The only man-made structures I can tolerate is buildings and its architecture, and you can see me appreciating that when I gaze out the window in automobiles and no it's not a pathetic and lame excuse for daydreaming. That's why I opt for Petroleum Geoscience instead (since of course dentistry course is not available) although it's mainly of my father's choice, but I am trying to get used to the idea.

I didn't take any pictures, but can I say is that UTP is really astounding. So they say, but I never really see a university up close (only my aunts' hostels) to begin with so I can't compare. If you ask me how I felt about the surrounding of it, I'd say it feels like I'm in an airport. Yes, I'm that emotionless =_= But I'm in love with library though. IT'S SPECTACULAR. This picture does not do it any justice because you have to see it for yourself. Ok I'm not actually allowed to go inside, but seeing it from 10 metres away is adequate.

Credits

I really thought they were going to all those Science & Maths, personality, critical thinking tests they're all talking about, but turns out it's only for those who applied for scholarship. Because of all the tests and evaluation they have to sit their butts through, their camp took 2-3 days. Really. And there are even MORE tests in the night. Wow. Because it was a private student interview for me, there was only the interview. I don't know but it just feels not right to pay the fees ourselves because I really don't want to burden my parents... Ok sirius macam dah dapat dah kononnya =_=

All of us were arranged in groups of four or five and we were given a case study. Alhamdulillah, I actually read about it beforehand! It was "Green Technology." The batch before us got "International/Local Aid" which I'm 50% oblivious about so alhamdulillah. We were given 30 mins to work our dusty-because-we-havent-touched-a-single-book-in-five-months brains on that. BUT ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION WAS ALLOWED. After that goes the individual interview. I think I did about 50-50. I totally blanked out when they asked me about my curricular activities because I was always putting on preparing my speech on that on hold so padan muka =_= I didn't know how to explain SMART Rangers and I know I did a bad job on that and when they asked me as a Secretary for Puteri Islam, "what activities did you guys do"?

So I said "mostly domestic skills, like cooking and flower-arranging."

*AWKWARD SILENCE*

Oh well. But alhamdulillah, the interviewers were interested in my Tumblr and its concept when I told them about it, alhamdulillah :)

The group interview went quite okay I think, and I made friends with Farzana, Firdaus and Benni. I wish we had more time to chat but well, that's the end of it. We did exchange facebook emails so yeah. And they didn't let us prepare for the group interview beforehand, so it's all SPONTANEOUS. But it was quite okay alhamdulillah. And that's just it!

Well I know that I'll study hard inshaallah because I didn't get straight As, so I want to redeem that. Well I never stressed on putting high hopes on anything for the fear of hurting myself in the end, but this time I'm determined. High hopes all the way (but still maintain down-to-earthness of course) and let the future Amalina handle herself in the end. Yeahhhh I'm sure she'll cope.

Ummi and Baba really wanted to me enter UTP, although the chances are slim because it's really competitive ok there goes my self-esteem again so I'll just try and like Physics for once... And I'm really determined, if I'm ever destined to study here, I won't take every minute for granted inshaallah. So... Hmm. Maybe I should be flipping a few pages off of the dusty old Physics reference book now? Nah. LOL just kiddin'.

"Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful to you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not."

(Al Baqarah 2:216)