Saturday, July 04, 2009

The whisper.




A whisper.


Salam, allo.

Went to a place with my friends yesterday.
That place now become one of my favourites in the world.
It's amazing to think how it can cast beautiful memories and tears at the same time.

Curious? HAHA, I'd like to tell you but I guess it'll have to wait until I can get the pictures to further 'compliment' the story. Not sure when, though. InsyaAllah, I'll post the story sooner or later :)

Salam, allo. Remember the post above thirteen days ago? Well the place I've went to fourteen days ago (on 20th June) was to Yayasan Penyayang Bakti. Untuk assignment sivik, kitaorg kena buat amal kebajikan kepada masyarakat, so cikgu putuskan kitaorang buat kat sana. The day started off with speeches, performances and assigning the tasks. Sapu sini sapu sana, ada yang pi siram pokok bla bla bla.



Kitaorang tengah menyapu kat sebelah satu rumah ni, pastu ada sorang budak panggil kitaorang suruh kitaorg masuk ke dlm rumah dia. Mula-mula kitaorg menolak, takut ganggu diaorg (dan err, takut kena marah ngan cikgu ke apa), pastu ramai lagi bebudak muncul kat pintu rumah tu. Then the caretaker appeared and said it's okay, and asked us to go inside.

So we did. Memang bes meluangkan masa dgn bebudak tu, dengan telatah diaorang yg lawak tuh :D Memang banyak karenah btol. They looked so happy and exultant and not a care in the world. All of them are super close so I guess, that's why they didn't feel so lonely. We took a lot of pictures. A LOT. Seriously. We also posed Spiderman style and all x) But, I didn't post them up for their privacy, I guess.

Most of them asked for our handphones and cameras and they took pictures, played some games and yeah, listening to songs. Whose songs? Siti Nurhaliza. Really. So Hazirah is more than pleased to play the songs x) haha. Then a girl named Aina asked for my phone to listen to some music. Tatau la nak pasang lagu apa sebab dia mintak lagu Adam. Mana aku minat mamat tu x)

Sy cuma ada lagu English, lagu Melayu yang lama-lama dan bbrp lagu nasyid aje. So bagilah dia dgr lagu nasyid, haha. Kitaorg gaduh manja dengan budak bernama Fatin ni sebab dia tak mau bagi lollipop. Hahahak :P Pastu semua org mau dukung dua beranak ni, Hidayah & Adam, bdk2 yg plg kecik kat rumah tu. Diaorg dua ni cucu penjaga.

Our friends gave them a lot of lollipops. Jadi, sepanjang kitaorang dok sana, upacara membuka balutan plastik lollipop sudah menjadi perkara biasa. Fatin asked me to open the lollipop wrapper for her, so I said:
"Dah masuk tiga kali suruh akak buka ni. Banyaknya mkn gula-gula. Rosak gigi kang. Gosok gigi tak?"
"Gosoklah."
"Bila gosok gigi?"
"Malam."
"Malam je ke?"
"Ha'ah.. Nanti takut ubat gigi habis cepat."
I was taken aback when I heard that. Then I realized behind those happy faces lies a story. Although they have some money, they have to use them sparingly and wisely. Unlike us. Then a girl asked Hazirah if she can buy her a handphone :P Hazirah said she should buy her own with her own money that she earned and she should study hard for it. Unlike us. We can afford to buy necessities and some things other than necessities, but we often took it for granted. Others would sacrifice anything just for a scrap of food and they would work hard for it. Unlike us. So we learned a lot of things that day. Who would've known, that a child can teach you priceless things?

Then it was time to go home. I told Aina, the girl who was playing with my phone that I had to go back.
"Akak balik dulu eh."
"Ok."
Then she went to me and cup her hands to my ear and whispered,
"Akak, akak datang hari Ahad. (keesokan harinya) Nanti akak belikan jam untuk Aina eh."
I almost shed tears at the time. I know I can't but I just smiled and said insyaAllah. InsyaAllah, Aina.


Kitaorg bercadang nak pergi rumah warga emas pulak, tapi diaorg baru lepas exercise, jadi tak laratlah nak layan kitaorg :P Hehe, takpe. On the way back to the place to gather and to have lunch, we shared stories of our experiences at that home. Tadi, yang lain kena interview caretaker rumah tu, yakni, Mak Cik Sabihah while the others and I tend to the children. Alya and Hidayah told us things that they knew and learned while interviewing MC Sabihah. I was crestfallen when I heard what they had to say :( Although, I just want to leave it to that for there are private matters involved.

Then it was time to go home. So, I guess, we learned a lot of things at that small, humble home. That day was a priceless experience. Jikalau ada rezeki, kami akan lawat adik-adik kitaorg lagi, insyaAllah.

P/S: I dunno why all of my pictures here is me showing the peace sign. HAHAHAK. Kecuali yg gambar anak mithali tgh sapu sampah tu. Haha, mithali la sgt :P